Sunday 2 February 2014

Screen Prints and Angora

Sunday has come around quickly! The weeks are going to fly by.

As well as working very hard on my dissertation and its deadline in 3 weeks time i've been working on a couple of projects!

The first one is the folklore screen prints. Because i couldn't get around to print my first this week (which has 4 colour layers) because the UV screen is being fixed (because people don't use it properly and don't dry the screens after being coated!) I went on ahead and did my second screen print.
What i mean by that is draw up all the elements and construct it on PS, colouring and deciding on the different layers - that being 4, one black line layer and 3 colours!


This is just a small sample of the picture, and the colours aren't yet finalised, but it gives me an idea of how it will look when it is printed! I'm modernising that long procedure of using light boxes and re-drawing! They have been really enjoyable to do, but they've taken a lot of my time up already!

I've also just started on another project, that being an awareness campaign, to link in with my other one for Save the Arctic! I have chosen to do Angora fur, as after recently looking into it more, i think more needs to be done and awareness raised. Here are a few initial sketches and ideas:

So a lot of work has been done in the past week, but not as much as I would have wanted to; but to end on a lighter note here is my current desk at uni. I take up so much space, and even though it may look tidy at the moment, just wait until i get going in my last semester!


Thanks for reading and the next update will be next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment