Sunday 6 April 2014

Lots of Updates!

So i know it's been 3 weeks since my last post, but yes i've been busy!

First things first, the Cheltenham Books have been sent out which has my competition entry in which i entered last year!



There is some serious talent in it, and i still can't believe i got in it.

So moving on from that, i have finished my children's book, well the 4 double page spreads and the dummy book, here is [just a small image] of one of my pages:



A usual i kept it very much collage and ink, however, i experimented with a different more controlled way to using the ink to keep it in a consistent style - which is what is needed in picture books. I also experimented with text etc which is pretty new to me to include into an image.
I found this project really difficult as i was working in a narrative context, plus the fact that the story was original made it even harder, so i' a bit iffy on the results, but i did try hard with it.

Moving on from this i have worked on and pretty much finished my new Cheltenham Illustration Awards 2014 entry which i won't post online till the closing date in June.

I've also been making an art doll since i have done quite a bit of work, i thought i'd take it easy for the past week and ended up sewing and carving a plushie doll.


Here are some sneaky shots until i get some professional looking shots taken!
He was quite a challenge to make but it was really enjoyable, i am considering making another one, or should i say a friend for him.

Now i am just working on some editorials and tomorrow us 3rd years are presenting our work to the 2nd years! They will know just how stressful the final year is!

That's it for this week, my next post will most likely be in a fortnight now,
Thanks for reading.

P.S i also got a feature on Design Juices, so big thanks to them!
Read it here

No comments:

Post a Comment