Sunday 16 March 2014

New Project! Picture Book and other Goodies

So i missed out on my post last week, why? Because i had nothing to show.

I just couldn't decide what to work on and do next and when i had decided there was nothing really to show except for some compositional ideas.
I thought lino prints? more screen prints? a book? editorials, the list was never-ending, so i decided to just go for one, that being a picture book.

I've done a fair bit of work over the past week and a half, from creating my story, compositionals, dummy book and now i'm onto the four (maybe six...) final spreads. I only have 9 weeks left and i'm worrying even though i've already done two projects (the angora work and screen prints) The life of a student!


I drew out loads of compositional ideas, photocopied them, then ordered the best ones, it was really quick and convenient to work in this method.

To the top left of this image is my dummy book, which includes all my final compositional sketches, and here i am working on a collage of the boat which is a part of the first spread i'm doing.

I've also worked on creating some business cards (seen below) I used Moo! and got the Minimoo cards. I chose to have a range of designs which makes them exciting, and on the back i used hand written text for my contact details etc. I'm looking forward to New Designers in London that bit more now!


This week i also put together a portfolio site too, using Cargo. I'm still in the process of uploading my work but it's a very nice professional website to use and looks clean and easy to navigate. The only thing is that you have to apply for an account, but this ensures the quality of work on their website!


That's it for this week, hopefully next week i'll have these spreads done and i'll be underway with the Cheltenham Illustration Awards 2014 brief...not long to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment