Monday 2 December 2013

Paper Cut Animation inspired by Lottie Reiniger and Japanese Folklore

Although for a deadline which was a good few weeks ago, i have gotten around to posting it here!

For our 'Obsessions Brief', we had to create an animation inspired by our obsessions which had to be exactly 2 mins long. I decided to pursue Japanese folklore as it is something which has always interested and inspired me (it's something i concentrated on in my final major project in my foundation diploma!)

The basic story includes several links to Japanese folklore/tales, such as Hanasaka Jisan, Bunbuku Chagama and the well-known Kappa!

I was utterly captivated by Lottie Reiniger's animations when i saw them a couple of years ago, and i wanted to try out the paper-cut style myself - trying out using different paper transparencies/textures and colours. It was a lot of hard work but a lot of fun! I hope you enjoy my final video! (do excuse the jumpiness of the video, it was exceptionally hard to do as i didn't have a studio to work in for it, but instead used my small bedroom!)


1 comment:

  1. The paper cutout animation is one of the powerful way to make a good animation that every one would love. Well, about the Japanese animation I like those that is based on the tradition of Japan. Thank you so much for sharing this posting. cutout animation videos - VideoJeeves

    ReplyDelete