Wednesday 20 November 2013

3rd Year And Cheltenham Illustration Awards News

It's been a while since my last post and so much has happened!
I'm now in my 3rd year of Illustration so i will be updating my blog once or twice a week now.

Before summer i entered the Cheltenham Illustration awards and a few weeks ago i found out i got Highly Commended!
See the winners here! http://www.cheltenham-illustration-awards.com/winnerspage_13.htm

My Entry:
The theme was Tales of Mood and Memory, and Gustav Holst's seven piece orchestral suite, The Planets.

Title: Escape and Resistance

Description/Inspiration: Gustav Holst’s Neptune was my inspiration for this short narrative. I was suddenly transported back and recollected a dream I had, and which many of us have had, being chased by a pack of wolves. The dream represented running away from difficulties and problems, however towards the end of the dream, I faced them without running away anymore. Combining materials, textures and patterns conveys my emotions and feelings within the dream.

Original Size: A3


Media Used: Collage, Indian ink, oil pastels and water soluble pastels

Expect some more updates this week with projects i've done and progress with current ones i'm working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment